Saturday, April 17, 2010

Religion and Politics

They say you shouldn't talk religion or politics with friends or family b/c it causes rifts.  While I understand this approach, I find i almost impossible to adhere to.  First of all, religion and politics are constantly intertwined.  Secondly, what else is more important that the two guiding forces in one's life?

Maybe neither seem like priorities in on your life, but religion and politics are cut from the same cloth - they establish rules for living life that have severe punishments if not followed.  For some people, family is a similar guiding force, and thus, not to be upset.  However, for people like me, family is neither a ruling force nor a guiding one.  Family can be chosen, despite popular belief.  I make this choice, and in doing so I choose a family that shares my humanitarian beliefs.

No comments: