Tuesday, April 20, 2010

21st Century Bartering

This is my throw back to the simpler days before Wall Street and Corporate America fucked us all.  I am going back to the simplest form of exchange that I know of.  It's not exactly capitalistic, but I guess if you wanted to screw people out of their stuff so you can gluttonously horde it all, you could call it that.


What am I ranting about?  BARTERING  

In 2nd Grade, Mrs. Birch's class exchanged valuable possessions with our neighboring classes.  We, of course, were learning the version of American colonization where the settlers pretended to share their goods  with the Natives, in order to survive in the foreign land.  Of course, we all know now that this was all pretend niceties used to serve the agenda of the colonizers, but the main theme stuck with me over the years:

As long as we have energy in the form of skills, labor, goods, etc, we can always trade our boring, old toys for new and undiscovered ones! 

With all of this said and the well-known fact that I still am not working for cash, I have decided to start a network of individuals that are known amongst my trusted friends, local, and willing to share their goods and services.

Check out my new Facebook Group:  21st Century Bartering

No comments: